Hen parmesan quinoa casserole is strictly what it feels like. Juicy, tacky hen parmesan on best of a quinoa marinara base!
Every time I make this quinoa casserole recipe, it will get higher and higher. I like that this simple meal calls for just one pot and is filled with such a lot protein (thanks hen and quinoa).
The bottom of this dish tastes similar to spaghetti however is made with out noodles and quinoa as an alternative. It packs in heaps of veggies – mushrooms, onion, inexperienced pepper, and quinoa. Then, on best, is inconspicuous and flavorful parmesan hen.
What you Want for Hen Parmesan Quinoa Casserole
On this mouth-watering quinoa bake, we mix quinoa, diced inexperienced pepper, mushrooms, and finely diced yellow onion as the bottom.
Quinoa Casserole Permutations
- Vegetarian Pleasant: Substitute hen with sliced eggplant; the cooking time stays the similar for that fluffy quinoa.
- Gluten-Loose: Go for a gluten-free flour for the parmesan coating.
- Cheese Selection: Change shredded parmesan for a mixture of parmesan and mozzarella for a gooey twist.
- Upload Extra Veggies: Be happy so as to add no matter veggies you’ve gotten readily available into the quinoa base. Take a look at broccoli, zucchini, or peas.
Can I take advantage of a distinct grain?
Sure, however we have now no longer examined another grains. Rice may just come up with a an identical end result with the ratio to liquid.
How do I make it spicier?
Upload crimson pepper flakes to the marinara sauce.
Can I take advantage of store-bought marinara?
Completely, regardless that selfmade is all the time a flavorful improve.
Retailer any leftovers in an hermetic container within the refrigerator for as much as 3 days. For those who’re freezing it, remember to thaw it totally within the refrigerator ahead of reheating. Casseroles like this one in fact support in taste over the years!
- Pair this casserole with a crisp, inexperienced salad to spherical out the meal.
- A sprinkle of unpolluted basil or a splash of crimson pepper flakes can upload a burst of colour and taste simply ahead of serving.
Preheat oven to 375ºF and spray a 14-inch x 10-inch (OR 9-inch x 12-inch) ceramic casserole dish with cooking spray.
Prep veggies via dicing a complete inexperienced pepper and 1.5 cups of mushrooms. Finely cube 1/2 a yellow onion.
Position 1 cup of raw quinoa at the backside of your casserole dish after which layer on veggies. Upload 3 cups of marinara sauce, 1 cup of hen broth, and a tablespoon of minced garlic to the casserole dish and blend the whole thing in combination. Put aside.
In a medium-size bowl, combine in combination flour, shredded parmesan, and garlic powder. Then, crack an egg right into a small bowl and whisk.
Prep hen breast via dipping into the egg after which into the parmesan combination ensuring the whole thing is generously lined. Position hen breast on best of quinoa combination
In any case, sprinkle at the leftover parmesan combination and much more cheese if you happen to want. Season with salt and pepper, to style.
Duvet baking dish with tinfoil after which bake at 375ºF 40 mins. Then, discover the baking dish and bake for an extra 20 mins or till quinoa is absolutely cooked.
Guidelines & Notes
- If you’re making this recipe, a ceramic casserole dish goes to be your easiest guess. Ceramic dishes warmth your meals a lot warmer than a vintage cake pan, so do be aware this with bake time! PS: right here’s the only we have.
- Vegetarian possibility: we additionally examined this recipe with eggplant and it used to be scrumptious. Simply slice your eggplant, scorching dog-style, and observe the instructions similar to the hen. You are going to nonetheless want to bake for the entire 60 mins as a result of that’s how lengthy the quinoa will take to fluff.
Energy: 353kcal Carbohydrates: 32g Protein: 31g Fats: 9g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 9g